In the film canon, Blue has dark bluish-gray skin with a white line with metallic blue in the middle going horizontally from her eye orbit down to the tip of her tail, which the LEGO website states comes from the DNA of the Black-Throated African Monitor Lizard used in her creation. These dorsal patterns bear an uncanny similarity to the ones seen on the male raptors featured in Jurassic Park III.
In Blue's LEGO depictions, she is sand green and dark green with her striping being a muted yellow instead of white. In LEGO Dimensions, Blue lacks her stripe.
Hasbro's Jurassic World toy line is the only exception with most toys of Blue ironically having the color scheme dark green with a black horizontal stripe with no blue whatsoever.
Behind the scenesEdit
When looking for a reference to create CGI models of Jurassic World's Velociraptors, Geoff Campbell of Industrial Light and Magic who was Digitial Creature Model Supervisor for the film, used a maquette of a raptor located between two of ILM's buildings in San Francisco and it was used as the starting point of the creation of Blue.
In the storyboards of the Main Street battle, Blue did not intervene when the Indominus had pinned down the T. rex. Instead, Blue (or an early version of her) and another raptor were to simply stand and watch with the remaining humans as the Indominus prepared to give the fallen T. rex the killing blow near the Lagoon before the Mosasaur of said Lagoon killed the Indominus in a similar fashion seen in the final film.
It was initially believed that it was Blue who participated in chasing MVU-12 due to the similarities between Echo and Blue, though this can be proven to be Echo due to the fact that the raptor who attacks the driver's side of the medical vehicle has dark brown skin instead of grey and the blue in her color scheme being not as bright, lacking white, and fully circling the eye orbit. But most notably is that the raptor that attacked the Claire on the road loses her camera afterward, whereas Blue still possessed her camera when she encounters the protagonists in Main Street.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jurassic World
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 LEGO Jurassic World - Blue Profile (April 30, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.lego.com/en-us/jurassicworld/characters/blue-9aac091a8d364c3a82c1cf97b75e6484
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Empire Magazine - Access All Areas: Jurassic World, Archived from https://web.archive.org/web/20150609212747/http://www.empireonline.com/jurassicworld/
- ↑ Template:Cite web
- ↑ Template:Cite web
- ↑ Business Insider - Here's what the dinosaurs in 'Jurassic World' will look like (2015, February 17) Retrieved from http://www.businessinsider.com/jurassic-world-dinosaurs-2015-2/
- ↑ zbrushcentral.com - Interview: ILM on Jurassic World (February 3, 2016) Retrieved from http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?198673-Interview-ILM-on-Jurassic-World
- ↑ johncoven.net - Jurassic World. Retrieved from http://www.johncoven.net/jurassic-world-1