Carcharodontosaurus was genus in the Carcharodontosauridae Family. It was a large carnivore that lived in Northern Africa also in South America in the Late Cretaceous Period, the same time and place as Spinosaurus. It was among the largest predatory dinosaurs (13.6 meters long), nearly as long as or even longer than Tyrannosaurus.
In the game Jurassic Park: Explorer the following information is given about this creature: Native to Northern Africa, Carcharodontosaurus had an enormous jaw with long serrated teeth that were up to 8 inches long. It's long muscular legs might have aloud it to run at speeds of up to 20 miles/hour.
Two species of the Carcharodontosaurus genus are known:
- Carcharodarodontosaurus saharicus, described by Depéret and Savornin in 1927.
- Carcharodarodontosaurus iguidensis, described by Brusatte and Sereno in 2007.
More real-life information: Carcharodontosaurus on Wikipedia.
Carcharodontosaurus does not appear in the original novels or movies. It does appear in a number of games.
Jurassic Park inspired games
- Carcharodontosaurus is a playable character in Warpath: Jurassic Park. Its move pattern was the same as the Giganotosaurus and the Albertosaurus. The Carcharodontosaurus appears in the Jungle Basin. It comes in cinnamon, gold and emerald.
- Carcharodontosaurus is available in Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis as a four-star large carnivore, albeit misspelled as "Carcharadontosaurus". They prefer open areas with water. They are covered in black coating while the underparts are gray to white they also seem to have red crests over their eyes.When hunting faster prey it is known to wait in thick vegetation and ambush attacks. According to JP:OG, it seems to live on Sorna. In this game, it gets along well with fellow four-star dinosaur Acrocanthosaurus. By coincidence, paleontologist have classified the Acrocanthosaurus as a carcharodontosaur; making the two close relatives. Other coincidences are also that that the Acrocanthosaurus was once classified as an allosaurid, which are also close relatives to the Carcharodontosaurus which up to date is now classified as super member of the family. In JPOG it slightly resembles a Giganotosaurus. That might be only because they are related. On the PC version, it can be modded to make Giganotosaurus.
- Carcharodontosaurus is featured in the DVD game Jurassic Park: Explorer. A player earns a dinosaur when he/she wins a minigame, when the earned dinosaur is a Carcharodontosaurus this video will be shown. The name is misspelled as Charcharadontosaurus.
- Carcharodontosaurus is one of the available dinosaurs on the IOS application, Jurassic Park: Builder.
|Playable Warpath Dinosaurs|
|Acrocanthosaurus • Albertosaurus • Ankylosaurus • Carcharodontosaurus • Cryolophosaurus • Giganotosaurus • Megaraptor • Pachycephalosaurus • Spinosaurus • Stygimoloch • Styracosaurus • Suchomimus • Triceratops • Tyrannosaurus rex|