- "Hold on tight and interact with our baby Triceratops at the child-friendly Gentle Giants Petting Zoo."
- —Park Map(src)
The Gentle Giants Petting Zoo is an attraction in Jurassic World where many herbivore dinosaurs are pet and fed and even ridden on by guests. Among the juvenile dinosaurs that reside there are Triceratops, Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Gallimimus. It's possible that this is where the baby herbivores in the park spend some of their early lives here before they are sent to their known exhibit to be taken care of by adoptive parents of their species. Visitors are advised to remove certain items, such as straw hats because the juvenile dinosaurs will attempt to consume them.
During the Isla Nublar Incident of 2015, the freed residents of the Isla Nublar Aviary attacked the petting zoo. A Pteranodon picked up a baby Triceratops but the weight of the Triceratops was too heavy for the pterosaur to pick up, so it dropped the ceratopsid and flew away. The baby Triceratops lived, running away after it hit the ground.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally, the safety helmets designed like a theropod head that the kids wear while riding Triceratops were to simply be baseball caps with three horns attached.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jurassic World
- ↑ JurassicWorld.com - Gentle Giants Petting Zoo Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-map/gentle-giants-petting-zoo/
- ↑ davelowerystoryboards - Jurassic World (July 31, 2015) Retrieved from http://dlstoryboards.blogspot.com/2015/07/jurassic-world_31.html
- ↑ Reel Tours Hawaii Facebook
- ↑ toofab.com - Bryce Dallas Howard Opens Up About Son's 'Jurassic World' Cameo, Chris Pratt and All the Talk About Her Heels (June 12, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.toofab.com/2015/06/11/bryce-dallas-howard-jurassic-world-chris-pratt-heels/#sthash.iuJdjj0I.dpuf