The game was playable as either Dr. Alan Grant or a Velociraptor (presumably the The Big One). Grant is the default character but can be changed using the 'Player' option on the game's main menu to swich to the raptor.
Dr. Grant's story starts when his Jeep was crashed by the T. rex which attacked it. He must now move out on foot to reach the Visitor Center in order to escape. His weapons, except the rocket launcher, will only knock out a dinosaur for a short time, usually causing them to wake up as more fierce opponents. Finally after battling many dinosaurs, Grant reached the Visitor Center where he defeated two Velociraptors (presumably the The Big One and her last subordinate) and is taken home, only to find his helicopter crashed in the sequel, Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition.
The raptor's story begins when lightning strikes her pen. The player battles through InGen personnel and other dinosaurs before reaching the Visitor Center, where she will battle Grant to finally escape the park.
Rampage Edition storyEdit
In the story of the Rampage Edition, Grant's helicopter crashed, and now he must find another way to escape. This time Grant will be battling InGen personnel aside from dinosaurs. The raptor also attempts to escape the park.
- Tyrannosaurus (Player as Grant only)
- Brachiosaurus (SEGA Genesis, Player as Grant only)
- Gallimimus (Rampage Edition)
- It is unclear why InGen workers and troops are attacking Grant in Rampage Edition. One speculation is that InGen does not want the public to know about the Isla Nublar incident, and therefore, orders its personnel to kill Grant so he does not get out with any information regarding the incident.
- The Big One may have been the playable raptor in both SEGA Genesis and Rampage Edition.
External Links Edit