For the Raw Thrills arcade game, see Jurassic Park Arcade.
Jurassic Park is the name of a rail shooter arcade game developed by Sega in 1994. The ameplay has much in common with the classic rail shooter Operation Wolf, as players fend off their vehicle from dinosaur attacks with automatic weaponry. A follow up called The Lost World: Jurassic Park reached arcades in 1997.
The game centers around two InGen Commandos who go to Isla Nublar to clean up the Island after the incident in 1993. They must avoid the dinosaurs, as well as natural obstacles such as boulders. There are also many fences and barricades that are left over. The game ends with the commandos watching the dinosaurs being caged once again.
List of dinosaurs/creatures encountered Edit
- Tyrannosaurus rex
- In the ending, Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler make a cameo appearance.
- The game is based on the same engine used for Rail Chase, another Sega rail-gun game; albeit improved.
- According to the game's flyer, the players' weapons are high-powered automatic tranquilizer guns; meaning the player does not kill any dinosaurs.
- It appears that some of the island has been flooded by the time of the game as water surrounds the Visitor Center.
- While only one T. rex is seen in the movie, at least two are seen in the game. This is could be a reference to the juvenile featured in Crichton's original novel, except that the Tyrannosaurus encountered is fully grown.