Timeline of the Jurassic Park Franchise:
- 23: John Michael Crichton is born.
- Michael Crichton is working on the first Jurassic Park novel, and Steven Spielberg learns of it as both discuss the script that would inspire the series ER.
- Even before publication of the novel, which had an early version delivered to Spielberg, a bidding war is up for the filming rights. Known parties are Warner Bros. and Tim Burton, Columbia Pictures and Richard Donner, and 20th Century Fox and Joe Dante. James Cameron is also interested.
- Universal Studios buys the Jurassic Park rights in Spielberg's behalf.
- 24: Filming of Jurassic Park begins.
- 30: Principal photography ends. Post-production begins, being supervised by Spielberg as he filmed Schindler's List in Poland.
- 26, Release of Jurassic Park: Sega game.
- 27, Release of Jurassic Park: Sega Genesis game.
- Release of Jurassic Park (SNES game).
- Release of Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues game.
- 4 - Jurassic Park released on VHS.
- Release of the documentary film The Real Jurassic Park.
- 7 - Jurassic Park aired for the first time on network television (NBC).
- The Lost World novel, written by Michael Crichton, was published.
- 5: The Lost World: Jurassic Park begins filming.
- 22: Principal photography ends.
- 23- Release of The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- Release of Chaos Island: The Lost World game.
- 28: Universal announces Jurassic Park III, with Spielberg only directing and a supposed release date in 2000.
- 28- Release of Jurassic Park: Trespasser.
- 5 - Joe Johnson signs to direct Jurassic Park III.
- 30: Following extensive rewrites and location changes, filming of Jurassic Park III begins.
- Principal photography of Jurassic Park III ends.
- 9 - Release of Jurassic Park III: Park Builder in Japan.
- 30 - Release of Jurassic Park III: Island Attack.
- The development of Jurassic Park: Survival is confirmed as stopped.
- 17- Release of Jurassic Park: Dinosaur Battles game.
- 10- Release of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
- 14- Release of Jurassic Park: Explorer game.
- 4 - Michael Crichton dies.
- Unknown- Jurassic Park 2K9 toyline released.
- Jurassic Park mobile game was released by Gameloft.
- 12 - Jurassic Park: The Devils in the Desert I released.
- 9- Jurassic Park: The Devils in the Desert II released.
- 2- Jurassic Park: The Devils in the Desert III released.
- 6 - Jurassic Park: The Devils in the Desert IV released.
- Jurassic Park: Dangerous Games I released
- 12- Jurassic Park: Dangerous Games II released
- 7- Jurassic Park: Dangerous Games IV released
- 4- Jurassic Park: Dangerous Games V released
- After many false starts with various screenwriters attached, producer Kathleen Kennedy announces a story for a fourth film had been chosen and that work on the script would begin.
- At the recommendation of Brad Bird, Colin Trevorrow is invited to direct Jurassic Park IV.
- 14: Colin Trevorrow is announced as the director of the upcoming film.
- 4: Jurassic Park 3D is released on the film's 20th anniversary.
- 10: Universal announces Jurassic World, to be released in 2015.
- 11 - 8:20 AM - First shot taken for Jurassic World.
- 5 - Principal photography of Jurassic World ends.
- 21: Shooting of Jurassic World II almost at the halfway point.
- ↑ Late Night with Conan O'Brien, episode May 5, 1995.
- ↑ Marshall F. (2017, April 21). Almost at the halfway point... @JurassicWorld #JurassicWorld2. Image file. Retrieved from https://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/855435692289040394.
- ↑ Marshall F. (2017, May 10). A new chair was added to the set today... @JurassicWorld. Image file. Retrieved from https://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/862307621423927296.
- ↑ Bayona J.A. (2017, May 10). Over half way now! #JW2. Image file. Retrieved from https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/862213532074614784.