|Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom|
June 7, 2018 (UK)
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the upcoming sequel to Jurassic World. Releasing on June 22, 2018 worldwide, this will be the fifth installment to the Jurassic Park film series.
It is currently in production, with filming having started in early Spring 2017 with fansite Jurassic Outpost reporting that the exact date to be February 27, 2017. and is set to be released on June 22, 2018 in the US, but will be released in the UK on June 7, 2018, two weeks before the American release. It will be directed by J.A. Bayona.
See News and rumours.
For a complete list, see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom/Cast and crew.
- Chris Pratt as Owen Grady
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing
- B.D. Wong as Dr. Henry Wu
- Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm
- James Cromwell as Benjamin Lockwood
News and rumours
Universal producers have in the past expressed their wish to create more films after the fourth Jurassic Park film.
Before Jurassic World
In November 2009, Joe Johnston was interviewed by Ain't It Cool News. At one point, he expressed his vision of the new Jurassic Park movies: "it would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically"
In January 2010, Joe Johnston was interviewed by the Box Office Magazine. He again talked about post-JW Jurassic Park movies: "Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy."
The production of the fourth Jurassic Park film, Jurassic World, started in April 2014. Its director, Colin Trevorrow, was interviewed by Empire Magazine. During the interview, Trevorrow already hinted at more sequels: "We definitely talked about [sequels] a lot. We wanted to create something that would be a little bit less arbitrary and episodic, and something that could potentially arc into a series that would feel like a complete story."
IGN wrote, at May 15, that Legendary Pictures producer Thomas Tull told them that "The ideas and script that they came up with, and story, are spectacular, so we may spend more than one piece in there.”
On May 29, 2015, at the Jurassic World premiere in France Colin Trevorrow revealed that he will not be directing Jurassic Park V.
In an interview with RadioTimes Trevorrow discussed his idea for the upcoming film. He said, "I really like the idea that this group of geneticists aren’t the only people who can make a dinosaur. [...] You know, when you think of the differences between Apple and PC – the minute something goes open-source, there are all kinds of entities and interests that may be able to utilise that technology." He explained that it would be like the relationship that humans have today with other animals, such as how some animals are "kept in zoos, like Jurassic Park, but they are also used in agriculture, and medicine and in war."
On June 13, 2015, a day after the release of Jurassic World, Chris Pratt confirmed in a discussion with Entertainment Weekly that he had signed on to do an unspecified number of sequels to Jurassic World.
On June 22, 2015, the twitter account for Jurassic World tweeted an image revealed the release date of the sequel as June 22, 2018. Furthermore, it was revealed that Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard would be returning for the film as well as Colin Trevorrow who will co-write the script with Derek Connolly.
On July 24, 2015, Colin Trevorrow revealed in an interview with WIRED that the film would not reuse the plot of people becoming lost on an island with free roaming dinosaurs and escaping like in the previous films The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III stating "That’ll get old real fast." and that "this isn’t always going to be limited to theme parks". He further said that he would like to explore the concept of cloning dinosaurs being open source like he had mentioned in his interview with RadioTimes.
Colin Trevorrow in an interview with JurassicCast revealed several details about Jurassic World's sequel and confirmed that there will be a trilogy. He mentioned that the second film in this new trilogy is based on Alan Grant's quote in Jurassic Park in the "Cretaceous Cafe" scene: ...Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution, have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?" Over the course of the trilogy, Claire's character would evolve the most, mirroring the changing world and that Owen "has shit to deal with". The events of Jurassic World has opened a "pandora's box" with both Claire and Owen holding responsibility for some elements of the incident.
After much speculation, it was announced that J.A. Bayona would direct the sequel. Before he was confirmed as director, it had previously been reported that Universal was interested in having Bayona be the director of the Jurassic World sequel and Mike Fleming Jr of Deadline had reported after Bayona dropped out of World War Z II that he began hearing Bayona's name again as the potential director of the sequel.
On April 21, 2016, The Knowledge confirmed that the sequel will be filmed in the United Kingdom.
On the preview for Production Weekly's July 21, 2016 issue, it was revealed that a working title for the film is "Ancient Futures".
On July 21, 2016, the day the Production Weekly issue was released, fansite Jurassic Outpost reported that in conjuction with Reel News Hawaii that they had exclusivly learned and confirmed that the sequal will start filming on Febuary 27, 2017 in Hawaii where the first film, Jurassic Park III, and Jurassic World were filmed.
That same day, producer Frank Marshall made comments about the film's current state to Colider. He said that the film was in “full-boar pre-production” with storyboards currently being created for the film and that shooting for the film will begin in early Spring of 2017. He added that there have numerous meetings discussing the film and that the filmmakers have a template for the movie. Furthermore, Marshall said that director J.A. Bayona has been adding his ideas into the script. According to Marshall, despite the ideas that Bayona has contributed to the film's story at the moment it is “pretty much the original story they [Trevorrow and Connolly] came up with.” He concluded his comments saying, “I think we're just having to look and see how we can involve the characters in the story with whatever dinosaurs we have in the action sequences. It's a challenge, but it's a healthy challenge.”
On July 29, 2016, Frank Marshall confirmed in another interview with Colider that the sequel will film in Hawaii.
Pacific Business News reports in August 2016 that scouts for filming in Hawaii will arrive in November 2016.
IGN reports in September 2016 that the film will be more "suspenseful and scary" when compared to its predecessor, and that it would not feature militarized dinosaurs (a plot point set up in the previous film).
IGN reported in October 2016 that the film's plot was to be thematically linked to the treatment of animals.
On July 7, 2017, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard were seen swimming towards the beach during filming of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
With Hasbro's rights to makes toys based on the Jurassic Park franchise to expire Mattel, whose license to the franchise will start in July 2017, will make initial products based on this new film that will arrive in stores in early 2018.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Cabin, Chris. (July 21, 2016) ‘Jurassic World 2′ Hawaii Production Gets 2017 Start Date. Colider.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pugh, Chris. (July 21, 2016) Exclusive: Jurassic World 2 to Begin Production Febuary 2017; Returning to Hawaii. Jurassic Outpost.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 iDigital Times - Jurassic World Sequel Movie in the Works, Here Are All the Hints Dropped So Far (March 4, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.idigitaltimes.com/jurassic-world-sequel-movie-works-here-are-all-hints-dropped-so-far-419707
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 JurassicWorld.org - Jurassic World sequel in early development (March 3, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=255#comments
- ↑ IGN - Jurassic World Sequel Opening in UK Before US (August 16, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/13/jurassic-world-sequel-opening-in-uk-cinemas-before-us
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Wall Street Journal - The ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Has a Director (April 19, 2016) Retrieved from http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/04/18/the-jurassic-world-sequel-has-a-director/
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Ford, R. (2017, April 25). Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World' Sequel (Exclusive). Retrieved from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jeff-goldblum-joins-jurassic-world-sequel-997569
- ↑ Wong, B. D. (2017, February 18). [photograph]. Retrieved from https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqdJ2AjAbq/
- ↑ Harry claws to learn from Joe Johnston on WOLFMAN set!!! , aintitcool.com.
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: 'Captain America' & 'JP4' News, boxoffice.com.
- ↑ Phil de Semlyen (2014). Exclusive: Jurassic World Sequels Planned Plus Colin Trevorrow on Omar Sy, Empire Online, 23 April, 2014. Link.
- ↑ Tilly C. (2014). Producer hints at Jurassic World sequels, Imagine Games Network, May 15, 2014.
- ↑ jurassicworld.org - Colin Trevorrow not directing Jurassic World 2 (May 31, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=307#comments
- ↑ RadioTimes - Jurassic World sequel could see Apple vs Microsoft-style dinosaur tech race (June 3, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-06-03/jurassic-world-sequel-could-see-apple-vs-microsoft-style-dinosaur-tech-race
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly - Chris Pratt is signed on for more Jurassic World movies (June 13, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/12/chris-pratt-jurassic-world-sequel
- ↑ Twitter - #JurassicWorld
- ↑ IGN - Jurassic World Sequel Coming in 2018 (July 23, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/jurassic-world-sequel-coming-in-2018
- ↑ WIERD - Exclusive: Jurassic World 2 may be off-island, with open-source dinos (July 24, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-07/24/jurassic-world-trevorrow-sequel-hints
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Twitter - Colin Trevorrow (November 7, 2015) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/663151170198904832 (Screenshot)
- ↑ The Hollywood Reporter - 'World War Z' Sequel Moves Forward After 'Jurassic World 2' Drama (Exclusive) (October 30, 2015) Retrieved from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/world-war-z-sequel-moves-835739?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29
- ↑ Deadline - ‘Jurassic World 2’ Director Confirmed: It’s J.A. Bayona (April 18, 2016) Retrieved from http://deadline.com/2016/04/jurassic-world-2-juan-antonio-bayona-director-1201686008/
- ↑ Daniels, Nia. "Jurassic World sequel to film in the UK." The Knowledge April 21, 2016. Retrieved from http://www.theknowledgeonline.com/the-knowledge-bulletin/post/2016/04/21/jurassic-world-sequel-to-film-in-the-uk
- ↑ Goldberg, Matt. (June 21, 2016) Promo Posters for ‘Jurassic World 2’, ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2’, ‘Assassin’s Creed’ and More. Colider.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Weintraub, Steve. (July 29, 2016) "‘Jason Bourne’ Producer Frank Marshall on the Sequel’s Uniqueness, ‘Sully’, ‘Jurassic World 2′ and More". Colider.
- ↑ Shimogawa, Duane. (August 10, 2016) "Scenes from 'Jurassic World' sequel to be filmed in Hawaii". Pacific Business News.
- ↑ Osborn, Alex. (September 30, 2016). "JURASSIC WORLD 2: COLIN TREVORROW ON MILITARIZED DINOSAURS, 'SCARY' TONE AND MORE". IGN.
- ↑ Osborn, Alex. (October 11, 2016) "JURASSIC WORLD 2 WILL BE A 'PARABLE' FOR TREATMENT OF ANIMALS". IGN.
- ↑ (October 28, 2016) Jake Johnson on Twitter.
- ↑ Kroll, Justain. (November 7, 2016) Toby Jones and Rafe Spall in Talks to Join Sequel to ‘Jurassic World’ (EXCLUSIVE). Variety
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE SPOILER! Jurassic World 2 plot details LEAKED teasing that the new film will centre around Blue the Velociraptor... as military vehicles are spotted on set in Scotland
- ↑ Jurassic World 2: New details on the plot have leaked, Blue back!
- ↑ 
- ↑ Whitten, Sarah. (July 18, 2016) Hasbro stock falls 7 percent despite strong earnings beat. CNBC.
- ↑ (July 19. 2016) Mattel Awarded Highly Coveted Jurassic World License. PRNewswire.