- "I thought Laura Dern was the perfect Ellie Sattler. She is such an honest actor."
Laura Dern and Jurassic ParkEdit
Laura Dern liked dinosaurs before the movie. "I love dinosaurs 'cause I thought they were amazing and I knew a few of the names, the ones I loved. I loved the pterodactyls, I loved brachiosaurus and... the sweet ones. I wasn't into the T. rex."
The role of Ellie Sattler was offered to a lot of actresses. Juliette Binoche was offered the role but she turned it down in order to make Three Colors: Blue. Robin Wright, Jodie Foster, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ally Sheedy, Geena Davis, Daryl Hannah, Jennifer Grey, Kelly McGillis, Jamie Lee Curtis, Julia Roberts, Linda Hamilton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Bridget Fonda, Joan Cusack, Laura Linney, Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow and Debra Winger were all considered for the role of Dr. Ellie Sattler. Laura Dern was chosen by Steven Spielberg because she was a very good and honest actor.
Because Jurassic Park had popularised dinosaurs the surnames of its main actors were used to make the species name of the Tianchisaurus genus. The species name has become nedegoapeferima, in which the part de are the first two letters of Dern.
Laura Dern later played a minor role in Jurassic Park III, returning at the beginning of the film and near the end.
She is possibly going to have a role in Jurassic Park IV, due to several recent interviews in early-October. She has also proved to be happy to return for the role of Sattler as well.
- Tenderness (2007) (completed)
- Year of the Dog (2007) .... Bret
- Inland Empire (2006) .... Nikki Grace/Susan Blue
- Lonely Hearts (2006) .... Rene Fodie
- The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (2005) .... Dortha Schaefer
- Happy Endings (2005) .... Pam Ferris
- We Don't Live Here Anymore (2004) .... Terry Linden
- Damaged Care (2002) (TV) .... Linda Peeno
- I Am Sam (2001) .... Randy Carpenter
- Focus (2001) .... Gertrude 'Gert' Hart
- Novocaine (2001) .... Jean Noble
- Within These Walls (2001) (TV) .... Sister Pauline Quinn
- Jurassic Park III (2001) .... Dr. Ellie Sattler
- Daddy and Them (2001) .... Ruby Montgomery
- Dr T and the Women (2000) .... Peggy
- A Season for Miracles (1999) (TV) .... Berry Thompson
- October Sky (1999) .... Miss Frieda Riley
- The Baby Dance (1998) (TV) .... Wanda LeFauve
- Bastard Out of Carolina (1996) (voice) .... Narrator
- The Siege at Ruby Ridge (1996) (TV) .... Vicki Weaver
- Citizen Ruth (1996) .... Ruth Stoops
- Down Came a Blackbird (1995) (TV) .... Helen McNulty
- A Perfect World (1993) .... Sally Gerber
- Jurassic Park (1993) .... Dr. Ellie Sattler
- Afterburn (1992) (TV) .... Janet Harduvel
- Rambling Rose (1991) .... Rose
- Wild at Heart (1990) .... Lula Fortune
- Industrial Symphony No. 1: The Dream of the Broken Hearted (1990) (TV) .... Heartbroken Woman
- Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) .... Kathleen Robinson
- Haunted Summer (1988) .... Claire Clairmont
- Predator: The Concert (1987)
- Blue Velvet (1986) .... Sandy Williams
- Smooth Talk (1985) .... Connie
- Mask (1985) .... Diana Adams
- The Three Wishes of Billy Grier (1984) (TV) .... Crissy
- Teachers (1984) .... Diane
- Happy Endings (1983) (TV) .... Audrey Constantine
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1981) .... Jessica McNeil
- Foxes (1980) .... Debbie
- Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) (uncredited) .... Girl Eating Ice Cream Cone
- White Lightning (1973) (uncredited) .... Sharon Anne, Maggie's Daughter
- ↑ Original Featurette on the Making of the Film
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv Jurassic Park trivia], IMDb.
- ↑ http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/watch-helen-hunt-and-gwyneth-paltrows-screen-tests-for-juras Watch Helen Hunt And Gwyneth Paltrow's Screen Tests For “Jurassic Park”], BuzzFeed.
- ↑ The making of Jurassic Park (documentary film)
|Jurassic Park III Actors|
|Sam Neill • Laura Dern • William H. Macy • Tea Leoni • Alessandro Nivola • Trevor Morgan • Blake Michael Bryan • John Diehl • Mark Harelik • Michael Jeter • Sarah Danielle Madison • Julio Oscar Mechoso • Taylor Nichols • Linda Park • Bruce A. Young|