Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In both canons, the maintenance building houses the main power for Jurassic Park. The novel canon depicts it having a small garage (not the same Garage that the vehicles are kept in) which housed a tanker truck. The movie canon simply depicts it as a concrete shed, leading underground.
The interior has many stairwells and lockers presumably for scientists to keep records. It also holds the main power grid, which after activated, turns on 12 known security systems, including:
- Herbivore Feeding Compound
- Visitor Center Compound
- Visitor Center Control Room
- Visitor Center Tour
- Genetics/Fertilization Room
- Unknown, blocked from view
- Surveillance Cameras
- Emergency Bunker
- Carnivore Feeding Compound
- Velociraptor Pen Fence
- Tyrannosaur Paddock
- Perimeter Fence
It is entirely surrounded by a fence, but this fence is not the same as the Perimeter Fence. Possibly in place to keep out visitors.
- In the novel, another maintenance building, Maintenance Building 04, has a number. Because of this, this building also most likely has a number (possibly 01 due to its close proximity to the Visitor Center), but it was never mentioned in the novel.
- Part of the set for this was destroyed by Hurricane Iniki for the films, so it couldn't be filmed any more even though the directors wanted it to have more screen time.