Ludlow was shocked to find the entire crew ripped to shreds and was even more shocked to see the T. rex escape the cargo hold and rampage through the streets of San Diego, which later became known as the San Diego incident.
One of the crew members told Sarah Harding and Ian Malcolm that during the transport the T. rex was about to die because of the tranquilizer darts. To save the animal they gave him an antidote, but they didn't know how much to use. After the incident the S.S. Venture brought the unconscious T. rex (and its infant) back to Isla Sorna.
- D. Thompson - Captain, killed by T-Rex
- S.S. Venture Crewman - Only confirmed survivor
- 10-20 sailors (approx.) - Killed by Rex, some may have survived
- The S.S. Venture is a likely reference to King Kong, as both films have a ship called "The Venture" that take a large, prehistoric gorilla from an island filed with dinosaurs to a major city.
- The S.S. Venture appears in Warpath: Jurassic Park, as "Freighter Deck". It serves as the T. rex's level.