Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Given that the Jurassic Park franchise is rushing headlong into a new era, I've decided that a wiki design change should happen to reflect this. It'll make the wiki look up-to-date to visitors, and I can imagine that there will be a lot of visitors arriving over the coming months. I've already started by sticking the Jurassic World logo on the background. It's not perfect, but it can be a placeholder for the time being. Your feedback is important. This is your wiki after all, so if you want to see some changes, now is your chance :)
Some changes I was thinking of implementing:
- Color changes. The Jurassic World logo is clad in blue and shining silver, so maybe the wiki colors could change to mimic this?
- Main page stuff:
- A countdown template. Basically what this would do is display a countdown to the premiere of Jurassic World in theaters. Check out the TARDIS Data Core's main page for an example. If I can figure out how this works (I've tried it at the bottom of the post, we'll see if it shows up or not), I think this might be a cool display to have on the front page.
- Regular news updates. We do have DNN Newsland posting news, but the updates are rather sporadic. Maybe we could have a designated admin hold the position of "news gatherer" or something along those lines, where they would be responsible for keeping DNN regularly updated with JP news?
- General maintenance and "Jurassic Worlding" it up :P
- Social media promotions. The wiki already has accounts for Facebook and Youtube - perhaps we can use these to send notifications of new featured articles on the wiki, or post videos of JP news, scenes, and facts?
These are some of the things I came up with. I should update this with more suggestions soon, but feel free to post in the comments section about things that you'd like to see.